Granola Butter Muddy Buddies (Puppy Chow)
Are you team Muddy Buddies or Puppy Chow?!
I know what you’re thinking: aren’t these a holiday treat? Usually I’d agree, but between social distancing, quarantine day # who-can-keep-track-anymore, & zooooom university I found myself in need of a mid-day snack/treat & the Trader Joe’s alphabet cookies weren’t cutting it anymore. (Although if you haven’t tried them dipped in GB hop on that train ASAP!)
This recipe came together when my professor gave us a 3 minute ‘zoom’ break & without even thinking I dumped puffins, a spoonful of GB, & chocolate chips into a bowl. Not a bad combo, but I think my classmates were a little disturbed watching me attempt to mix and eat this drippy combo. The next day I did a lil meal prep before class & created a chocolate-granola buttery mixture & poured it over a bag of puffins. H-E-A-V-E-N.
If you don’t mind getting a lil sticky, want a healthier version, or want to add this combo to yogurt feel free to skip the powdered sugar, but if you plan on snacking on this over zoom I’d opt for the powdered sugar route. Trust me, it keeps your hands & computer keys a lot cleaner.
The best part about this recipe? It’s individual-sized & you can literally make & eat it out of a bag or bowl if you’re feeling classy. Perfect for anyone working from home, homeschooling kids, or- like me - is also attending zoom university. It turns out equally as delicious in larger batches, but I found this size is perfect to curb my sweet tooth and mid-day quarantine restlessness, without leaving me in a sugar coma!
½ cup chex, puffins, any cereal you have/can find!
1 tablespoon GB
1 tablespoon chocolate chips
¼ cup powdered sugar
1. Add chocolate chips to a small microwave-safe bowl
2. Grab a small spoonful of GB & mix in/coat chocolate chips with it. Since GB has coconut oil in it, this will prevent the chocolate chips from burning & help them melt.
3. Melt chips in the microwave on 50% power for 1 ½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
4. Once melted, add in GB & mix.
5. Grab a small plastic bag (or a bowl if you prefer that method!) & add half the puffins & half the chocolate mixture.
6. SHAKKKE (it helps to leave air in the bag).
7. Add the rest of the puffins & chocolate mixture- I like my cereal fully drenched in the chocolate-granola buttery goodness, but if you don’t just add less of the mixture or add more cereal!
8. Shake it up pt. 2!
9. Once the cereal is coated pop it in the freezer for a few minutes to make sure the chocolate is cool & won’t melt the powdered sugar
10. Add powdered sugar! More powdered sugar = less sticky.
11. Shake pt. 3 & enjoy! If you’re not attempting to cleanly & stealthily eat this over zoom, make sure to top with an extra spoonful of GB!