Molasses Ginger Granola Butter Cookies
Buckle up ya’ll, this recipe is going to bring back memories of snowy days, childhood dreams, and the spice of our lost youth. These cookies are chewy and warming with that deep natural caramelization that only molasses can evoke. They might not be in the shape of a man (where my gingerbread LADIES at) like Grandmas cookies, but they are going to stun people with their gigantic flavor at your typical ugly sweater party, or once a year family get together. I advise eating them dunked into your favorite nut-free milk curled up on your slams arm watching the fireplace channel on Netflix burn away into holiday bliss.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons Granola Butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (lightly packed) dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375F and line several baking sheets with parchment paper or reusable silpats.
- Mix flour, baking soda, all spices, and salt together in one bowl. Bonus points if you sift it!
- Cream the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses and Granola Butter and mix lightly for 20 seconds at a time until fully incorporated. Scrape down the side of the bowl.
- Add flour mixture in halves to the bowl and mix lightly until all a smooth dough forms
- Scoop onto baking sheets while giving enough space in between each cookie to spread while baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating pans halfway. Once lightly crisp on edges pull out and allow to cool fully before enjoying.
SLAY IT YALL