Day in the Life - Molly Edition 😎

Welcome to Day in the Life - where we chat with Oat Haus team members and have them run us through a “typical” day - although every day looks a lil bit different around here 🤪

First up - me! I’m Molly 🤗 Influencer Marketing Manger is my offish title, but we all wear a ton of different hats. I manage our influencer partnerships, brand collaborations, community on TikTok/IG/Facebook/Geneva, PR, and dabble in retail marketing. Here’s what a day might look like for me!

6:30am – Wake up, stretch/ice roll while I listen to a podcast (loving Call Her Daddy rn), let my dog out, chug a glass of water with my vitamins, and get ready for the day.

7:30am – Our daily standup meeting. Most of the team is on East Coast time and I’m in Colorado, hence the early call 😂😂 Everyone shares what they worked on yesterday and what’s on their agenda today so we can all sync and get on the same page.

8:00 - 9:30am – Engagement, engagement, engagement. I’ll spend at least 90 min in the am catching up on all the comments and messages from the day before (on IG, TikTok, and Facebook). This is honestly one of my favorite parts of the day and always gives me the warm fuzzies when I see you posting about and loving on GB 🥰

9:30 - 10am – Geneva chat. We recently started a Geneva chat (here is the link if you want to join!). I’ll catch up on any discussions that I haven’t had the chance to hop in on and maybe post a question to get the convo rolling again. We live for community and this has been such a fun way to connect with you guys. We chat about all the things (body image, careers, relationships, food, self-care) and we give you guys the inside scoop on running this biz.

10 - 11am – Photoshoot research. We have a team photoshoot coming up, so I’m researching outfits and props for us to use!! Not going to lie, I’m pinching myself that scrolling through Zara, Princess Polly, and Amazon is part of the job 😎

11am - 12:30pm – Influencer research. Once or twice a week, I block off a chunk of time to research certain categories of influencers to add to our outreach list. Think lifestyle, fashion, food, moms, etc. I try to get really niche with it and this week I’m researching gluten-free influencers! We’re very intentional about the creators we choose to work with, so I spend a lot of time finding people that really align with the brand.

12:30 - 1:30pm – Break time. As long as the weather is reasonable (which in Colorado is always a toss-up haha), I try to go on a lunchtime walk every day. I either put on a podcast or call my dad lol. Would love to get into silent walks just listening to nature but I’m not quite there yet 😂 Getting some Vitamin D and splitting up my work day like this is SO helpful, especially because a lot of my work involves staring at my phone. After my walk, I make a lil snack plate. Pretzel chips w hummus, carrots w ranch, dates stuffed with cookie dough GB, and an apple!!

1:30 - 2:30pm – Influencer outreach. Based off of the research I did earlier, I’ll send DMs to influencers that we’d like to connect with! We’ll send them jars to try and the relationship usually unfolds organically from there. When a big influencer we admire gets back to us and wants some GB, it literally makes my day haha.

2:30 - 3:00pm – Retail marketing meeting. Every other week, the retail marketing team (Todd, Ali, me) gets together to chat about upcoming retail launches, our brand ambassadors, and anything else happening in the retail space. We have a super exciting retail launch coming up (!!!) so we discussed strategy and a game plan for that.

3:00 - 3:30pm – Proactive engagement. I try to spend at least 30 min a day commenting on IG posts and TikToks. It helps us connect with our community, engage with accounts we love, and see what people are talking/posting about. So yeah, scrolling through TikTok is just part of the job and I’m not mad at it 💁‍♀️

3:30 - 4:30pm – I spend the last hour of the day catching up on engagement and emails. I get to all the comments/DMs that have come through since my morning engagement sesh and make sure my inbox is lookin good. I’m one of those people that HAS to clear their inbox before the end of the work day or else I feel weird. It’s a blessing and a curse.

4:30 - 4:45pm – Once I finish all of my work for the day, I write down my to-do list for the next morning and make sure my Google Calendar is all up to date. I live and die by my Google Cal, but I also need to have a handwritten to-do list. There’s just something about crossing things off that is super satisfying and rewarding.

4:45 - 8pm – Wind down. The amazing thing about starting my day a little early is that I get to end a little early!! Because I work from home, I try to be really mindful of how I transition from “work mode” to “chill mode.” Once my computer is off, it is OFF. I also don’t have email/Slack on my phone, so try my very hardest not to think about work once I power everything down. Which, if you work in social media, is really freaking hard to do!!! I’m trying haha. Doing something active (either another outside walk, a Peloton ride, or playing with my dog) really helps me wind down and move onto the “me” part of the day. From here, I’ll start dinner (pesto pasta with veggies and chicken sausage tonight), clean up the house, and usually put on a shitty reality TV show for a brain break. I’m a diehard Bravo/Kardashians stan and I’m not afraid to admit it. Once the dog has been played with, dinner has been eaten, and house has been tidied, it’s time for bed!! My fiance and I try to get ready for bed around 8pm and do our skincare routines (lol), a meditation, and then read in bed til we pass out. We’re basically 80 years old, but I HIGHLY value my sleep and ya girl knows what she needs ❤️

And there ya have it!! A typical day in the life 😇😇

Something went wrong, please contact us!
Your Cart